Ziva VFX 1.8 includes minor improvements across a various performance avenues. Most notably, the new addition of‘Register License’ function marks another way that Ziva is simplifying and accelerating the Ziva VFX license installation process for both Node-Locked and Floating license holders. This new Registration tool is now the recommended way to install a Ziva VFX license. You an Learn how it works here: License Registration.
Additional improvements include:
- Attachments with all-zero source weights will no longer affect on the simulation. Previously, it would prompt an error and stop the simulation from running.
- Creature modification can now take place before the simulation start frame. Modifications still have no effect until returning to the start frame, so this change is mostly a workflow convenience. This used to trigger an error in the command doing the modification.
- Program now searches the Ziva VFX Maya Module path for a license file, in addition to all previous search locations (the working directory, the plugin path, and the zivadyn_LICENSE environment variable) for easier license setup.
- Add Performance Tuning section to the docs, explaining how to tune/optimize a setup to run faster.
- Overhaul the backend logging system. This is mostly to simplify future development. There should be no visible changes, except possibly bugs in text formatting. As always, please report any such bugs.